Saturday, December 13, 2008

When I started this blog yesterday, I had not slept the night before, something that is not unusual for me. I love blogging from time to time, and have several blogs on several sites. I also like to coin neologisms (new words). I had been experimenting with -phrenias. Schizo-phrenia is all too common, and is not a good thing, so I was considering the anithesis to such a malady, and came up with holophrenia, which, if one does the etymology, means " complete mind," or 'wholesome mind." Schizophrenia is, according to classical definition, a shattering, or "splitting", of the mind or personality. The etymology of schizophrenia comes from the Greek schizein (σχίζειν, "to split") and phrēn, phren- (φρήν, φρεν-, "mind") (ref. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia).

As I am a Christian, I believe in the power of prayer, meditation, and, as it would turn out, chanting, chanting not so common among Christians. I believe also that if the vocabulary of people were changed by matriculating positive factors into the vocabulary of those who wish to over come any malady, it will, if they believe and do not doubt, be done, especially in numbers of two or more. This is based on faith in the words of Jesus Christ.

I believe schizophrenia, and other maladies, are the result of a trauma of some sort, especially maladies effecting and affecting the personality.

I also believe that people suffering from schizophrenia, or any other thing called a mental illness, who want it to go into remission (and it has been known to go into remission) are in far greater need of acceptance and friendship of others of like mind, those who wish to overcome it, than any psychiatric service, not to negate the importance of psychiatric evaluation by any means.

Furthermore, I believe that most schizoaffective patients are usually above average people who need a healthy creative outlet and surrounding who, to wit, have been misguided into a situation where there is, by virtue of the stigma placed upon them, a lack of faith in their abilities, whether their abilities to overcome the condition or in other areas of their life, especially in creative matters. I personally am one such person, and as you can see from my profile, I am a musician and an art student. I have been on disability for years, but have gainful employment, but at the present, am sorely in need of a musical instrument. I find that when I have an instrument (I play the electric guitar) I am generally happier and freer from stress, and I am a better person overall. It is a spiritual outlet for me, as all music is based on truth, and, as they say, the truth will set you free. I realize that admitting to such a malady reduces my credibilty in the opinion of most, but we who suffer such things need an intelligent forum in which to express ourselves. I believe, also, that some who do suffer such things are unfortunely complacent in their affliction and do not seek to personally overcome their circumstance, and this is a sad state of affairs, because they could not only rise above it, but be free from it. I believe that meditative processis centering around holophrenic development and personal, and private, study on their part can give them new hope, especially if they lay the foundation on the words of Jesus, and not Freud, who only hinted at what the New Testament professes, in the discovery of psychoanalysis, which actually is an incorporation into the secular realm of the old adage, "Confession is good for the soul." As I recall, furthermore, Freud was an atheist, and while many atheists are fine people, I have concluded that we agree to disagree.

To be honest, when I first came under psychiatric counsel, I believed it necessary. But, to be honest, it becomes, in my humble opinion, a form of bondage, even if well intended on the part of the psychiatrist (s). In a nutshell, I would revise the whole psychiatric paradigm if it were possible.

I believe in the power of the Word, and that is grounded in Old and New Testament theology, and a revision of attitude and vocabulary on the part of the agents of psychiatric care. Sooner or later, someone, somewhere is going to read this, and I would like to suggest the phrase/term , "holophrenic therapy," to them where, first, aptitudes are measured and, second, meditative processes are incorporated. I believe it will alleviate and send into remission any and all schizo-affective symptoms.

Another element lacking in Freudian psychiatry is love, I believe. Freudian ethics, are cool, if not cold, and I believe this is a result of Freud's atheism, not to say that athesist are loveless. It is just that love is not mentioned by psychiatrists, as a rule, unless the patient brings it up, and then it is viewed as a flaw. If the aptient mentions love for someone or something, it is is viewed as a symptom of their illness, not as a positive personality attribute, and is discouraged as "unhealthy," a thing with which I disagree. Love, according to Paul, is the most excellent way, and with him do I agree, St. Paul. I am speaking from 15+ years experience with several psychiatrists, and to be honest, I prefer church. Love is a huge part of ecclesiatical vocabulary, and therefore, love is promoted. I realize, however, it is possible to love too much, sometimes, maybe, and that love must be tempered by wisdom. Therefore, I pray God grant the lover wisdom. Wisdom dictates that there is a time to love and a time to hate. But, it depends on what it being objectified. If we are going to love, let us love a person or persons, or a healthy and productive thing, and if we are going to hate, let it be an evil that we hate, a thing that ought not be, such as crime or poverty or sickness or death or greed.

In closing, I hope that at least a few agree with what I have said in this post, and do not view us as "nut-cases," but, rather as afflcited, and often lonely, human beings in need of something that promotes a wholesome world view.

Thanks,

Jasz

No comments:

Post a Comment